-
How do I use my own custom startup file that will run when X Window starts?
Summary
I have Knoppix installed on my hard disc (distro 7.0.2, kernel release 3.3.7).
How do I use my own custom startup file that will run when X Window starts?
I've put an executable shell script in the directory /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ but
the command inside it doesn't run.
Please could you tell me what's wrong, and what I need to do? Thanks.
Full Desccription
When X Window starts, I'd like to use an X11 startup file to run the Kate
editor so that a Kate window appears, containing the file I want to view. I've
put a startup file in the directory /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ called "a90-custom"
(named so that it runs last). It's a bash script (made executable) containing
Code:
#! /bin/bash
kate --new /home/knoppix/text-file.txt &
But after bootup, and after X Window starts, the Desktop appears but with
no Kate window showing.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$550.00

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98