-
I was wondering, how easy/hard is it to safely resize an NTFS partition? I have two harddrives in my mom's machine. The second one is from before the motherboard blew a capacitor, and the first one is a fresh install of XP Home (both drives were XP Home). I don't wanna wipe the second drive because there may still be stuff on there that we need. My mom said, however, that if we don't touch that other drive for a certain period of time (she never specified), it can be wiped. But I'm impatient :P. So, I was wondering if it's possible to safely resize the NTFS partition and make it about 4gb smaller. I know that Mandrake 9.2 can do this, but I don't wanna get Mandrake just to install Knoppix or DSL. Knoppix says there's about 15.8gb free, Windows (when I can get it to read the drive) says there's about 16gb free. So giving 4gb to Knoppix wouldn't be all that bad. If it's possible to do this without losing any data, that would be great. Thanks.
EDIT: Nevermind, my friend gave me a copy of Partition Magic 8 and it did the trick.
Similar Threads
-
By dresac in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
-
By Mogiin in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-20-2003, 03:38 PM
-
By douglas2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99