-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, after reading this thread, and assuming that the information I was looking for would be in here, it is not... So...
I have installed Knoppix 3.3 on my 41gig HDD, I created a 39gig Linux partition for Linux as a ext3 format, and the remaining 2.0gig was partitioned as a Linux Swap... I know, I learned after getting Knoppix all the way installed and configured, that 2.0gig is WAY TOO much for a swap.
I want to decrease the Linux Swap down to the recommended 500meg, and then increase the MAIN BOOT Linux ext3 partition to take the available free space taken away from the Swap.
I am a little scared at the whole "live" partition changing thing, and, as anyone else would be, a little affraid of the issue of "mucking up" the whole drive and the OS. Knoppix is the ONLY OS on the complete system, so dual-boot issues are not important. My biggest concern is that I need to "shift" partitions, i.e. Swap, which is at the last partition, needs to decrease size at the end of the drive, and then the MAIN partition needs to increase before the Swap the availed 1.5gig free space.
Can this be done with QTParted, and safely, without having to do what I think I have to do, reinstall from scratch again, but this time set the partitions from the begining the "right" way this time.
Confused, and scared,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By dresac in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
-
By Mogiin in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-20-2003, 03:38 PM
-
By douglas2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1539.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99