Quote Originally Posted by PythonyTJM
On the qtparted command, it says "cannot connect to x server." Also, when using the knoppix-installer it says, when trying to partion the tables, that it cannot write them. I'm a newbie to linux, and would like to get it working. Please help.


-PythonyTJM
Welcome to Knoppix. We need more info re your system. Was it a working OS before you tried to run qtparted? I borked my dual-boot MBR once, tinkering around, and none of the Linux partitioning tools including qtparted would work, apparently because they are carefully designed to not make things worse. I finally solved the problem by running "fixmbr" from the Windows 2000 Pro installation disc (Windows' assertive tendencies can come in handy if you are prepared for the consequences.) The computer would only boot Windows after that, but at least I could use PartitionMagic and I suppose qtparted would have worked as well.