-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, something went wrong with knoppix-installer for the first time ever (I must have used it hundreds of times by now). So, the PC won't boot-up into Linux on a dual boot. You know the point you're at after knoppix-installer ends and you reboot Linux to edit /etc/lilo.conf and fix the boot order.... Well I can't get there. So the stupid PC just reboots to Linux and Linux don't run. I can boot XP though. So how do I edit /etc/lilo.conf? I guess I don't!
The real question is, how do I fix the mbr back to the original state (booting XP and no dual boot)? I don't have a WIMPdoze CD. So, can this be done somehow from a KNOPPIX CD?
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By dresac in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
-
By Mogiin in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 07:33 PM
-
By senorian in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-20-2003, 03:38 PM
-
By douglas2 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple Disk IIc A2M4050 5.25 Floppy Drive Original Box Tested Working
$144.99

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 ADB Vintage Macintosh Apple IIgs Full Size Tested
$54.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Extended Keyboard II M3501 - Alps Switches - Tested Good
$67.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook bondi blue orange NOS Vintage
$99.00