-
URGENT ASSISTANCE REQUIRED - Partition Failure
Hi All,
I have a laptop with a 40Gb (NTFS) hard disk running WinXP Pro. I run Partition Magic 7. I setup the following procedure.
1. Resize partition to 20Gb
2. Create a LinuxSwap partition of 256Mb
3. Create a Ext2 (3 wasn't avaliable) out of the remaining space.
I rebooted and it started the procedure in dos. Part of the way though it reported an error (112 i think) which was a bad sector. I press a key to restart and now all I get is the command prompt for me to select either "start windows normally", "safe mode" or "Last known good configuration". All of which cause the machine to restart and I am presented with the options again.
I have booted of my Knoppix CD and can still see my data on the harddisk. I am at work tomorrow and will try copying data though Knoppix to the server but I am not hopeful.
Can anyone please advice me on what I can do. Also, I really need an idiots guide on creating the partitions using Knoppix's partition program so that if the data is transferred I can build the partitions and dual boot Knoppix (2 partitions totaling 20Gb) and WinXP (the other 20Gb).
Please help!
Many Thanks
Chris
Similar Threads
-
By Aumaan in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 12:44 AM
-
By ishaim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-27-2004, 10:01 AM
-
By Rachel Sykes in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-16-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By Adeel in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-11-2003, 05:23 AM
-
By lando1030 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-20-2003, 12:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

LOT OF 8 Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3
$1849.95

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10+ 12.4" 256GB 12GB Gray Wi-Fi AMOLED Android
$580.00