Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Virus Scanner / minimal knoppix version

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    Virus Scanner / minimal knoppix version

    there should be a minimal version of knoppix of course!

    But I'd like to see someone put something like f-prot in there and let their (f-prot's) script to update the virus definitions be put into a persistent home and/or any other changable media (cd/floppy/usb drive) or a part of the loaded/changeable OS.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Have you had a look at the Knoppix Customizations page? There is a Knoppix STD that might fit your requirements- I have yet to check it out.

    In fact - I hadn't been to the customizations page in a while- WOW - some people have been busy! This is great stuff!!!

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    knoppix-std

    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    knoppix-std

    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working.
    Alot of newer "smaller" version of knoppix have come out as well, which is great 2

  5. #5

    Re: knoppix-std

    Quote Originally Posted by freeballer
    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working.
    Alot of newer "smaller" version of knoppix have come out as well, which is great 2
    I have a page that talks about using a modified Knoppix distribution to scan Windows systems with f-prot. At the bottom I have the beginnings of an update to the article that talks about installing f-prot to a Live (ie running) version of knoppix thanks to a script from FabianX.

    Check it out here: http://www.cs.bsu.edu/~gjjones/admin...KnoppixCd.html

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    thanks cascadefx will take a look

    thanks cascadefx will take a look

Similar Threads

  1. Minimal Knoppix Install ? (to fit in a cdrom card ).
    By gabdab in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 02:05 PM
  2. minimal knoppix version
    By ihtiandr in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
  3. Minimal Knoppix Live CD
    By dapissarenko in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 10:43 AM
  4. Knoppix for Virus Scanning
    By SolarCat in forum General Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 09:10 PM
  5. minimal Knoppix
    By ZerBit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$95.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI picture

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI

$195.00



HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD picture

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD

$199.95



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$199.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware picture

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware

$89.99



Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot picture

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot

$95.99