Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Virus Scanner / minimal knoppix version

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    Virus Scanner / minimal knoppix version

    there should be a minimal version of knoppix of course!

    But I'd like to see someone put something like f-prot in there and let their (f-prot's) script to update the virus definitions be put into a persistent home and/or any other changable media (cd/floppy/usb drive) or a part of the loaded/changeable OS.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Have you had a look at the Knoppix Customizations page? There is a Knoppix STD that might fit your requirements- I have yet to check it out.

    In fact - I hadn't been to the customizations page in a while- WOW - some people have been busy! This is great stuff!!!

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    knoppix-std

    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    knoppix-std

    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working.
    Alot of newer "smaller" version of knoppix have come out as well, which is great 2

  5. #5

    Re: knoppix-std

    Quote Originally Posted by freeballer
    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working.
    Alot of newer "smaller" version of knoppix have come out as well, which is great 2
    I have a page that talks about using a modified Knoppix distribution to scan Windows systems with f-prot. At the bottom I have the beginnings of an update to the article that talks about installing f-prot to a Live (ie running) version of knoppix thanks to a script from FabianX.

    Check it out here: http://www.cs.bsu.edu/~gjjones/admin...KnoppixCd.html

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    thanks cascadefx will take a look

    thanks cascadefx will take a look

Similar Threads

  1. Minimal Knoppix Install ? (to fit in a cdrom card ).
    By gabdab in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 02:05 PM
  2. minimal knoppix version
    By ihtiandr in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
  3. Minimal Knoppix Live CD
    By dapissarenko in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 10:43 AM
  4. Knoppix for Virus Scanning
    By SolarCat in forum General Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 09:10 PM
  5. minimal Knoppix
    By ZerBit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Bondi Blue iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$22.99



RARE Vintage Radius Apple MAC II Full Page Display board NOS Andy Hertzfeld picture

RARE Vintage Radius Apple MAC II Full Page Display board NOS Andy Hertzfeld

$500.00



Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working picture

Vintage Apple USB Mouse M4848 Lime Green iMac G3 Hockey Puck - Tested Working

$59.99



Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS* picture

Vintage Apple Newton MessagePad 120 w/ Stylus Flash Card & Software *WORKS*

$99.99



VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106

$159.00



2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested picture

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested

$129.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½

VINTAGE Apple 3.5 Drive External 3½" Floppy Drive DB-19 Beige | P/N A9M0106

$159.00



Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand

$275.00



Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used. picture

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.

$199.99