-
Virus Scanner / minimal knoppix version
there should be a minimal version of knoppix of course!
But I'd like to see someone put something like f-prot in there and let their (f-prot's) script to update the virus definitions be put into a persistent home and/or any other changable media (cd/floppy/usb drive) or a part of the loaded/changeable OS.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you had a look at the Knoppix Customizations page? There is a Knoppix STD that might fit your requirements- I have yet to check it out.
In fact - I hadn't been to the customizations page in a while- WOW - some people have been busy! This is great stuff!!!
-
knoppix-std
yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working
-
knoppix-std
yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working.
Alot of newer "smaller" version of knoppix have come out as well, which is great 2
-
Re: knoppix-std

Originally Posted by
freeballer
yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working.
Alot of newer "smaller" version of knoppix have come out as well, which is great 2
I have a page that talks about using a modified Knoppix distribution to scan Windows systems with f-prot. At the bottom I have the beginnings of an update to the article that talks about installing f-prot to a Live (ie running) version of knoppix thanks to a script from FabianX.
Check it out here: http://www.cs.bsu.edu/~gjjones/admin...KnoppixCd.html
-
thanks cascadefx will take a look
thanks cascadefx will take a look
Similar Threads
-
By gabdab in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-22-2005, 02:05 PM
-
By ihtiandr in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
-
By dapissarenko in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 10:43 AM
-
By SolarCat in forum General Support
Replies: 17
Last Post: 07-02-2004, 09:10 PM
-
By ZerBit in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 16
Last Post: 09-09-2003, 06:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Collection (4) Vintage Brochures Booklets Papers 1960s/70s Computer History
$125.00

Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45

Vintage IBM ThinkPad T21 Laptop Type 2647 Pentium III Windows XP + PCMCIA WiFi
$169.00

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99

VINTAGE CHICONY KB-5311 MECHANICAL AT KEYBOARD 5 PIN PLUG PC UNUSED IN BOX
$49.99

RARE Vintage Radius Apple MAC II Full Page Display board NOS Andy Hertzfeld
$500.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage Y2K Heritage Brown Leather 17β Laptop Briefcase Business Bag With Strap
$49.95

Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop β Windows XP β Working
$50.00

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other
$299.99