Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Virus Scanner / minimal knoppix version

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    Virus Scanner / minimal knoppix version

    there should be a minimal version of knoppix of course!

    But I'd like to see someone put something like f-prot in there and let their (f-prot's) script to update the virus definitions be put into a persistent home and/or any other changable media (cd/floppy/usb drive) or a part of the loaded/changeable OS.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933
    Have you had a look at the Knoppix Customizations page? There is a Knoppix STD that might fit your requirements- I have yet to check it out.

    In fact - I hadn't been to the customizations page in a while- WOW - some people have been busy! This is great stuff!!!

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    knoppix-std

    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    knoppix-std

    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working.
    Alot of newer "smaller" version of knoppix have come out as well, which is great 2

  5. #5

    Re: knoppix-std

    Quote Originally Posted by freeballer
    yes I briefly took a look at knoppix-std but I did not find f-prot or another virus scanner. Althought there are alot more tools there as well, this is something I'd really like to have working.
    Alot of newer "smaller" version of knoppix have come out as well, which is great 2
    I have a page that talks about using a modified Knoppix distribution to scan Windows systems with f-prot. At the bottom I have the beginnings of an update to the article that talks about installing f-prot to a Live (ie running) version of knoppix thanks to a script from FabianX.

    Check it out here: http://www.cs.bsu.edu/~gjjones/admin...KnoppixCd.html

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    45

    thanks cascadefx will take a look

    thanks cascadefx will take a look

Similar Threads

  1. Minimal Knoppix Install ? (to fit in a cdrom card ).
    By gabdab in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 02:05 PM
  2. minimal knoppix version
    By ihtiandr in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
  3. Minimal Knoppix Live CD
    By dapissarenko in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2004, 10:43 AM
  4. Knoppix for Virus Scanning
    By SolarCat in forum General Support
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 09:10 PM
  5. minimal Knoppix
    By ZerBit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-09-2003, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Intel Xeon W-3223 SRFFG 8-Core 3.50GHz 8MB/16.5MB LGA2066 CPU taken from Mac Pro picture

Intel Xeon W-3223 SRFFG 8-Core 3.50GHz 8MB/16.5MB LGA2066 CPU taken from Mac Pro

$169.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km picture

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km

$15.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99