-
Senior Member
registered user
EPS files with the Gimp? Or something else?
I have a large, colour EPS file, a vector drawn map, which I want to convert to a black and white line drawing without the filled areas.
I have been trying to get it to load into GIMP, with no luck.
GSview will load it though, and I can convert it to a bitmap, but that doesn't help me all that much - I really want to edit it as a vector file in Gimp (or something else).
Has anyone done this? Am I trying to use the wrong programs?
Is there something else more suited?
Thanks,
-
Senior Member
registered user
apropos eps gives some stuff you might try. But make a back up first!
My guess is that gimp simply doesn't like that particular file. You might try
cp dodgy.eps dodgy.ps && gimp dodgy.ps
or
running eps2eps on it and seeing if Gimp will play.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hey, that's great, in addition, I notice that the Linux version of GIMP seems MUCH better than the 'doze one. Who knew?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It's certainly more stable. One thing I like about the Windows version, though is that it has (last time I looked) guash (a sort of graphical filebrowser for Gimp -- like XV's Visual Schnauzer if you've come across it) built in.
It seems to vanish from the plig-ins registry every so often. Anyway, I finally found it linked to on his site:
http://www.cs.cis.nagasaki-u.ac.jp/~narazaki/deb/guash/
there are debs there (Narazaki is a big Debian fan) and tarballs. 2.3.0-3 works just fine with Gimp 1.2.3
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 02:09 PM
-
By Xwrapper3 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 10:34 PM
-
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-02-2004, 07:00 AM
-
By knoppix_lover in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-27-2004, 07:36 AM
-
By jkarpago in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF + 2SFF 2x10/1Gbe H730 Mini 2x 750W Server
$348.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99