-
SBLive!?? C-Media? Sound issues
I apologize for the noob question. I have always been a Windows user, but have lately decided to consider shedding the corporate evil that is Microsoft. I chose to test out Linux with the Knoppix Live-On-CD. During the boot process, my SBLive! is recognized, and everything boots as normal. But i dont get any sound. When going though the boot process by typing in "Expert" i was able to activate the "(re)configure sound driver" option. Going through the menus, i was told that i had a CM something. I immediately recognized this as my C-Media on board sound. A test clip was played, which i couldn't hear. I went into the config menu and chose my hardware as a SBLive! But it wouldn't work, Which i thought was odd, because the card was detected. I rebooted, and with the next book just loaded "Knoppix Level 5". Everything loaded as normal (SBLive! detected). Once logged in i plugged my speakers into the C-Media onboard sound, and tried a clip, it worked. I would like to know how to make my SBLive! work, and why its dectecting it and installing the necessary drivers, but than using the C-Media.
Thanx for reading the Noobish question!!!
Similar Threads
-
By frank34 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By StopError in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 03:00 AM
-
By transami in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 10:50 PM
-
By Onetrack in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 04:36 AM
-
By Only1KW in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-02-2003, 09:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

WONHOX Vacuum Seal Backpack for Travel with Air Pump XX-Large, A68-beige
$93.82

Desktop Vacuum Cleaner Mini Desk Portable Dust Crumb White
$21.35

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67