-
Newbie - Won't Detect PCI Ethernet Card
I have an HP Pavilion 4450 (few years old), Celeron 366MHz, 192MB RAM.
I try booting and one of the first lines says "PCI: cannot allocate resource region 4 of 00:07.1".
Everything works fine after this (I have display problems, so I type "knoppix xmodule=vesa" at the boot prompt and it's fine), except the ethernet card isn't detected (and I assume the above error is related).
I try installing it, but it won't take. I'm not sure what to do from this point. Suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By Oswald Glinkmeyer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-26-2005, 11:56 AM
-
By arcticice in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 07:24 AM
-
By randygva in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 02:31 PM
-
By bvtonedog in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 04:51 AM
-
By tzo64 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 12:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00