Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: SBLive!?? C-Media? Sound issues

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    SBLive!?? C-Media? Sound issues

    I apologize for the noob question. I have always been a Windows user, but have lately decided to consider shedding the corporate evil that is Microsoft. I chose to test out Linux with the Knoppix Live-On-CD. During the boot process, my SBLive! is recognized, and everything boots as normal. But i dont get any sound. When going though the boot process by typing in "Expert" i was able to activate the "(re)configure sound driver" option. Going through the menus, i was told that i had a CM something. I immediately recognized this as my C-Media on board sound. A test clip was played, which i couldn't hear. I went into the config menu and chose my hardware as a SBLive! But it wouldn't work, Which i thought was odd, because the card was detected. I rebooted, and with the next book just loaded "Knoppix Level 5". Everything loaded as normal (SBLive! detected). Once logged in i plugged my speakers into the C-Media onboard sound, and tried a clip, it worked. I would like to know how to make my SBLive! work, and why its dectecting it and installing the necessary drivers, but than using the C-Media.
    Thanx for reading the Noobish question!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Go into your BIOS and disable the onboard sound and enable the option for Sound Blaster support and that should work although when I did this last week I had to modprobe my joystick for the sound to work once from the CD. Also boot with the alsa cheat code. eg knoppix alsa at the boot: prompt. Almost forgot if the BIOS has an auto option for the selection of the sound disable that as well and make sure the card is not in the slot next to the AGP if you are using it causes nothing but problems at least for me YMMV.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1
    I have the EXACT problem!! I still haven't been able to use my "Audigy" driver for my card like knoppix said during boot, but once knoppix is done with loading hardware and what not at the bottom at the boot: prompt type "Knoppix alsa" it's a cheat code for audio. It uses my SB Live Audigy card for sound but I'm not sure if it's to it's full potential.

    Hope this helps!!


    Edit: I see someone has already told you while I was typing, lots help here!!!

  4. #4
    Hmmm wow ive tried everything... I guess it just hates me... Its just so wierd that it detects and installs the drivers for the SBLive! But uses the C-Media on board sound instead... *sigh* i guess it hates me! Thanx for all your advice!!

Similar Threads

  1. sound issues with onboard sound chip
    By frank34 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
  2. Sound Issues
    By StopError in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2004, 03:00 AM
  3. Post HDD Install Issues (sound, ctrl-alt-Fx, nforce/nvidia)
    By transami in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-14-2003, 10:50 PM
  4. Sound issues with old SB16 and via onboard
    By Onetrack in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 04:36 AM
  5. Sound card issues
    By Only1KW in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-02-2003, 09:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB picture

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB

$124.95



Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack picture

Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack

$88.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC picture

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC

$4.95