As root in a console dpkg-reconfigure nis and choose to have it start on boot if the option is there or edit the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh and put the line to start the service at the bottom and it will start on boot, this also as root.
I run knoppix on my HDD.
I already configure it using NIS.
It work fine, every user can login from it.
But there is a problem, after I restart the computer, NIS did not start , i have to login as root and type in my console /etc/init.d/nis start , to start the nis, again.
My question, how can I start NIS automatically ?
Thank You
As root in a console dpkg-reconfigure nis and choose to have it start on boot if the option is there or edit the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh and put the line to start the service at the bottom and it will start on boot, this also as root.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Cisco UCS B200 M6 Blade Server UCS B200 M6 Dual Intel Xeon 3rd Gen RAID 0/1/10
$750.00
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$229.95
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$199.00