Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 8.1 don’t find its boot media

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6

    Knoppix 8.1 don’t find its boot media

    I have Knoppix 8.1 from the Linux Magazine. When I boot from the DVD I can see Knoppix Welcome screen. When I give the command knoppix64 in the boot prompt Knoppix begins to scan my harddrives but do not find ”itself” in the cd-slot and then stops.
    My computer has an ordinary Bios not UEFI.
    I managed to solve that problem. I wrote knoppix64 /dev/sr0 in the command prompt.


    But this is the problem I hope someone can help me with:


    I installed Knoppix using the install function in Knoppix to a flashdisk with a persistence partition. Now I have the same problem as above. It scans the drives but cannot find the usb-stick.


    Gparted in Knoppix tells me the usb-drive is sdg with two partitions /dev/sdg1 and /dev/sdg2 for the persistence partition.


    No boot with the command ”Knoppix64 /dev/sdg1”

    What command should I use?



    Is this a bug or not? In my opinion yes.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    Do not type any command. What happens?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    6
    Without any commands the same. Begins scanning my drives:

    Searching for Knoppix 8.1 in: /dev/"scanning my harddisks drives" and then nothing.

    Same thing on my second computer with an ordinary old Bios.

    For comparision another bootable USB-stick ( TAILS ) boots directly with the same boot order in Bios.

    On another computer, a laptop with UEFI, Knoppix boots when secure boot is off and legacy boot enabled.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    Download a fresh iso from one of the knoppix mirrors , checksum, burn it and use it for a fresh installation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99