-
Printer and parallel port
Wanted to try Linux and found Knoppix. Great distro for a test drive of Linux, but I'm having problems setting up my local printer.
My HP deskjet is connected via a parallel port. When I go into KNOPPIX > COnfigure Printer and use the wizard, I do not see any ports under Parallel. I see many under serial and USB. Thus I cannot configure the printer.
ANy thoughts/ideas? I've tried testcd at boot and it checks out OK. Thanks!
-
Junior Member
registered user
Try cups common unix printing system. CUPS has a web based admin tool, after installing CUPS and CUPS related stuff (apt-get them) you can open a web browser and type http://localhost:631 this will take you to the web printer admin tool for CUPS.
I found cups very easy to use and administer
Similar Threads
-
By Scarletdown in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 09:40 PM
-
By c_cinq in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-01-2004, 04:38 PM
-
By KeTZer in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 01:47 PM
-
By KeTZer in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-10-2004, 03:18 PM
-
By jdong in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-06-2003, 03:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage PB-64 64K RAM Printer Buffer Parallel Computer Printer Interface
$74.99

Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00

Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99

Vintage Apple USB Puck Mouse Model M4848 Grape Purple Tested
$49.99

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99