Hi rajibando!
I woud suggest you look at Cannot start LibreOffice 4.0 due to Fatal Error Message and then follow the instructions at Resolving corruption
The directory you should rename is /home/knoppix/.config/libreoffice/4/user
For a long time, I have not visited the Knoppix forum, as I am very busy writing my book. I also relaxed with the positive fate of Knoppix and the forum. I was certain that the forum shall continue to do well and prosper because of the joining of a few new members who were very competent. More competent than I am
I use Knoppix Image 7.2.0 with LibreOffice version 4.0.3.3(Build Id. 400m0(Build:3)) I use this persistently, with an entire hard drive and not an raiserfs filesystem within the partitionn.
I have added a few packages over time to enhance functionality and customisation. I don't need to change this version as this version is perfect for me. I know if I remove the persistent files in the HDD and reboot the Knoppix fresh, the problems will go away.
Unfortunately, so will my system-wide settings.
Of late, I get this registry error when I click to open LibreOffice.
When I read and click Okay, it closes.
The problem is that everything came with the knoppix ISO image and there is no additional Installation CD.
I have tried with renaming the common_.rdb file. I also tried copying the said file from my desktop to my laptop, but then the application doesn't start at all.The program cannot be started.
The service manager is not available.
("spurious end tag in file:///home/knoppix/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/registry/com.sun.star.comp.deployment.component.PackageRegi stryBackend/common_.rdb")
Start setup application to repair the installation from CD, or the folder containing the installation packages.
What else to do?
Shall I replace the Knoppix Image extracted from the ISO and copied to the HDD? Is it necessary? The entire system is doing fine!
Last edited by rajibando; 02-21-2018 at 06:35 AM. Reason: minor enhancements, clarifications, comprehension
Hi rajibando!
I woud suggest you look at Cannot start LibreOffice 4.0 due to Fatal Error Message and then follow the instructions at Resolving corruption
The directory you should rename is /home/knoppix/.config/libreoffice/4/user
Thanks, Klaus! I can't thank you enough.
The issue is solved.
Regards

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Lot of 2 HP 4TB / 128MB SATA 7.2K RPM 3.5" Hard Drive MB4000GCWDC /ST4000NM0033
$125.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99