Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to correct registry errors without removing the Persistent files?

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275

    How to correct registry errors without removing the Persistent files?

    For a long time, I have not visited the Knoppix forum, as I am very busy writing my book. I also relaxed with the positive fate of Knoppix and the forum. I was certain that the forum shall continue to do well and prosper because of the joining of a few new members who were very competent. More competent than I am

    I use Knoppix Image 7.2.0 with LibreOffice version 4.0.3.3(Build Id. 400m0(Build:3)) I use this persistently, with an entire hard drive and not an raiserfs filesystem within the partitionn.

    I have added a few packages over time to enhance functionality and customisation. I don't need to change this version as this version is perfect for me. I know if I remove the persistent files in the HDD and reboot the Knoppix fresh, the problems will go away.

    Unfortunately, so will my system-wide settings.

    Of late, I get this registry error when I click to open LibreOffice.

    When I read and click Okay, it closes.

    The problem is that everything came with the knoppix ISO image and there is no additional Installation CD.

    The program cannot be started.
    The service manager is not available.
    ("spurious end tag in file:///home/knoppix/.config/libreoffice/4/user/uno_packages/cache/registry/com.sun.star.comp.deployment.component.PackageRegi stryBackend/common_.rdb")
    Start setup application to repair the installation from CD, or the folder containing the installation packages.
    I have tried with renaming the common_.rdb file. I also tried copying the said file from my desktop to my laptop, but then the application doesn't start at all.

    What else to do?

    Shall I replace the Knoppix Image extracted from the ISO and copied to the HDD? Is it necessary? The entire system is doing fine!
    Last edited by rajibando; 02-21-2018 at 06:35 AM. Reason: minor enhancements, clarifications, comprehension

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Hi rajibando!

    I woud suggest you look at Cannot start LibreOffice 4.0 due to Fatal Error Message and then follow the instructions at Resolving corruption
    The directory you should rename is /home/knoppix/.config/libreoffice/4/user

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275
    Thanks, Klaus! I can't thank you enough.
    The issue is solved.
    Regards

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99