Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Boot failed

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3

    Boot failed

    I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, I get the same error message for both Lnx-BBC and Knoppix, and both of of my machines (XP and Win9:

    Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.

    Do you think maybe the floppy is corrupt? I did, however get this fixed on Lnx-BBC but using a different floppy. Doesn't work with Knoppix. The CD is fine, because when I put it in that little HTML page comes up. There was no boot-en.img when I had to make the floppy disk, so I just used boot.img

    I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, but I guess its something huh.

    Any help would be great, I'm pretty excited to get this working

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    You're using a boot floppy? Why not go into the bios, set it to boot from CD and use that?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3
    Heh, yeah that worked I'm on it now posting! I have only figured out how to do in on my Win98 machine so far, not my XP machine.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 08:50 PM
  2. Boot failed. Need help.
    By fifaplayer in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 05:57 AM
  3. failed boot cloop error-3
    By BlkBear in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 09:44 PM
  4. failed boot
    By ibm...imsorry in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 03:12 AM
  5. boot from floppy failed with Custom Kernel
    By hugo in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2003, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



Micronik A1200 Infinitiv Tower, NEW IN BOX, Commodore Amiga 1200 Kit picture

Micronik A1200 Infinitiv Tower, NEW IN BOX, Commodore Amiga 1200 Kit

$1472.50



Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs picture

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs

$950.00



Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz picture

Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz

$300.00



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



Phoenix SCSI/IDE Enclosure For Commodore Amiga & Others picture

Phoenix SCSI/IDE Enclosure For Commodore Amiga & Others

$49.75



 Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128  picture

Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128

$79.99



External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive picture

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive

$135.00