-
Booting Knoppix
Okay. I want to learn Linux because I am sick of Windows. I downloaded Knoppix v3.2 and burned it onto a cd (boot cd) and restarted the system. I get to a prompt where you load knoppix and it begins to load but then says "Unable to locate filesystem. Sorry. Dropping to a (very limited) shell." and the gets me to another prompt where I can't do anything.
I have a feeling its somthing simple and i'm just an idiot, but this is my first crack at it. I figure once I get inside I should be good. I am going to run it on a P2 266. 128mb, 42x cd-rom, 5gb HD. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By f15e in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 06:11 AM
-
By gtg in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 01:33 PM
-
By Generix in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 04:51 PM
-
By proto in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 04:05 AM
-
By MavetLaAravim in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 04:58 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

Micron MTA9ASF2G72PZ‑3G2E1TI 128GB (8x16gb) 1RX8 DDR4‑3200 PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM
$961.00

50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

6x Kingston KSM24SES8/8ME 8GB ECC + 3x DDR4 SO-DIMM RAM Lot
$222.00

Wintec 32GB (2 X 16GB) & 64GB (4 X 16GB) DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10600R Reg ECC
$89.99