Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Problem with my monitor when booting knoppix?

  1. #1

    Problem with my monitor when booting knoppix?

    I Just downloaded knoppix and burned with nero. It boots into the cd and finishes loading drivers for my Hardware and when it goes to the next screen the monitor acts like the refresh rate is too high and it shuts off....what would cause this and how can I fix it. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Just as a note I tried to go in and use some of those cheat sheet codes and none of them worked:

    knoppix xvrefresh=60 doesn't work ( And my monitor supports 85htz at 1152x864 )

    Help?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Try knoppix vga=normal or noddc to stop auto-detection of the monitor. You may want to try one of the fb images like fb1024x768 and of course there is always failsafe which will boot with minimal hardware detection. Maybe even knoppix vga=normal screen=1152x864 xvrefresh=85 also you never mentioned your video card you may want to use the xmodule=?? cheat code for the card replace ?? with the correct module name eg. nv (Nvidia), ati (ATI)

  4. #4
    Thanks a lot!!! I will go try it right now.

    BTW I have a Gforce FX @ 290/405..only gets 5586 on 3dmark2001 Wish I would have held out for the 5600 ultra which is now at 160$

  5. #5
    Hrmm, even failsafe didn't work??? Still acting like its too high of a refresh rate except this time flashing with color

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5
    I got the same problem and still didn't find any working knoppix cheat code. Did you solve the problem yet???

  7. #7
    Nope, I just gave up.

  8. #8
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: Problem with my monitor when booting knoppix?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogsforprez
    I Just downloaded knoppix and burned with nero. It boots into the cd and finishes loading drivers for my Hardware and when it goes to the next screen the monitor acts like the refresh rate is too high and it shuts off... what would cause this and how can I fix it?
    Which video adapter (graphics card) do you have? Which monitor? have you tried the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[keypad +] on-the-fly resolution-switch function after boot?
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen
    In addition to the above suggestions you could try the noddc cheat code to stop auto-detection of the monitor -- some monitors have a problem with that which causes them to blank (out) and that may be happening here.
    I missed this message earlier, or I would have responded then...

  9. #9
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Lowell Mi.
    Posts
    10
    Which monitor? have you tried the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[keypad +] on-the-fly resolution-switch function after boot?


    I had this problem also and I tried the [ctrl] [alt] [+] and it worked!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5
    [ctrl] [alt] [+] worked for me too, but I got a horrible bad resolution. This way I could find out, that my gfx card wasn't detected correctly. Starting with the cheat code xmodule=radeon it looks much better...

Similar Threads

  1. Booting Problem with 3.8 Knoppix
    By deathmarch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 01:08 AM
  2. Problem Booting KNOPPIX
    By soar in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:32 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 09:53 PM
  4. Monitor is shuting down while booting!!!
    By keza in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 11:36 AM
  5. KNOPPIX-booting problem
    By GeForce in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-18-2003, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands picture

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands

$249.95



Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard II M3501 + ADB Mouse G5431 Macintosh picture

Vintage Apple Extended Keyboard II M3501 + ADB Mouse G5431 Macintosh

$119.99



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Vintage Wooden Box with Hinges picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Vintage Wooden Box with Hinges

$125.00



Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer A2S2064 Apple Computer Model IIe untested picture

Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer A2S2064 Apple Computer Model IIe untested

$199.99



Vintage 1988 Apple MAC SE/30 Computer M5119 Logic, Analog & PSU Recapped picture

Vintage 1988 Apple MAC SE/30 Computer M5119 Logic, Analog & PSU Recapped

$850.00



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



1979 Apple II / Apple II+ Keyboard Encoder Board 605-X105 w/PROM 331-0931-B picture

1979 Apple II / Apple II+ Keyboard Encoder Board 605-X105 w/PROM 331-0931-B

$64.95



Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different picture

Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different

$99.99



Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage picture

Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage

$99.00