-
Ugh, another bootup problem
Ahhhh!
I've tried almost every concievable combination of the "cheat codes" including vga=normal xmodule=vesa, expert, failsafe, no*everything*, resolutions, and so on and so forth.
My problem is after autoconfiguration says "done" it freezes!
Also at the begining it says "error, only one processor found" other than that nothing looks out of the ordinary. I tried to check the cd and let it run checking then when i came back there was a black screen and it was frozen.
Any ideas?
-
Re: Ugh, another bootup problem

Originally Posted by
funtownarcade
Ahhhh!
I've tried almost every concievable combination of the "cheat codes" including vga=normal xmodule=vesa, expert, failsafe, no*everything*, resolutions, and so on and so forth.
My problem is after autoconfiguration says "done" it freezes!
Also at the begining it says "error, only one processor found" other than that nothing looks out of the ordinary. I tried to check the cd and let it run checking then when i came back there was a black screen and it was frozen.
Any ideas?
Usually, when I get this kind of problem, I remove the 'quiet' keyword from the boot command and look what the kernel really does before it gets stuck. If it gets stuck during the knoppix hardware detection phase, before the real init is loaded, I edit linuxrc in miniroot.gz and add '-x' to the #!/static/sh, so I can see what it was doing.
If the problem seems to be after init is started, try booting interactively and check where it hangs.
Post the results of the above tests if you need further help.
(and no, you don't need to remaster and reburn in order to do all that. Just install lilo with the vmlinuz and miniroot.gz from boot.img and boot from your disk instead of cd. It'll mount your cd from linuxrc during reboot).
Similar Threads
-
By splittik in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-19-2005, 10:33 PM
-
By leif81 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 07:03 PM
-
By TheDDI in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 03:19 AM
-
By loji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2003, 12:23 PM
-
By Raymond in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-08-2002, 03:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1992 Mac System 7.1P1 Apple Software 3.5” Floppy Disks NOS
$35.00

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Magnetic Peripherals MPI BR8B1A 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive 77711800 CDC
$89.66

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop
$299.00

VINTAGE THINKPAD X61 TABLET 3GB RAM 240GB SSD OEM WINXP W/GOOD BATT CHARGER
$329.00

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00

Vintage Toshiba Satellite A Series
$250.00

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00