Just as a note I tried to go in and use some of those cheat sheet codes and none of them worked:
knoppix xvrefresh=60 doesn't work ( And my monitor supports 85htz at 1152x864 )
Help?
I Just downloaded knoppix and burned with nero. It boots into the cd and finishes loading drivers for my Hardware and when it goes to the next screen the monitor acts like the refresh rate is too high and it shuts off....what would cause this and how can I fix it. Thanks!
Just as a note I tried to go in and use some of those cheat sheet codes and none of them worked:
knoppix xvrefresh=60 doesn't work ( And my monitor supports 85htz at 1152x864 )
Help?
Try knoppix vga=normal or noddc to stop auto-detection of the monitor. You may want to try one of the fb images like fb1024x768 and of course there is always failsafe which will boot with minimal hardware detection. Maybe even knoppix vga=normal screen=1152x864 xvrefresh=85 also you never mentioned your video card you may want to use the xmodule=?? cheat code for the card replace ?? with the correct module name eg. nv (Nvidia), ati (ATI)
Thanks a lot!!! I will go try it right now.
BTW I have a Gforce FX @ 290/405..only gets 5586 on 3dmark2001Wish I would have held out for the 5600 ultra which is now at 160$
![]()
Hrmm, even failsafe didn't work??? Still acting like its too high of a refresh rate except this time flashing with color
I got the same problem and still didn't find any working knoppix cheat code. Did you solve the problem yet???
Nope, I just gave up.
Which video adapter (graphics card) do you have? Which monitor? have you tried the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[keypad +] on-the-fly resolution-switch function after boot?Originally Posted by Hedgehogsforprez
Also:
I missed this message earlier, or I would have responded then...Originally Posted by Stephen
Which monitor? have you tried the [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[keypad +] on-the-fly resolution-switch function after boot?
I had this problem also and I tried the [ctrl] [alt] [+] and it worked!
[ctrl] [alt] [+] worked for me too, but I got a horrible bad resolution. This way I could find out, that my gfx card wasn't detected correctly. Starting with the cheat code xmodule=radeon it looks much better...![]()

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper QFX5120-32C-AFI 32x100GbE Switch Dual AC Airflow In, Rail Kit Included
$8995.00
Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99