I failed to write that I have searched using:Output:Code:sudo whereis mlxprgconfigi.e., no existence.Code:mlxprgconfig:
My Desktop Knoppix has to configure the system for Samsung SyncMaster 1360X768. Used Nvidia for x86 version 304.125 to set my monitor way back. It remained set that way.
Recently, I thought that I should use my AMD's 64-bit operation rather than the Intel's 32bit. I downloaded the corresponding driver for x86-64. But doesn't get installed. Perhaps because Knoppix only addresses x86-64bit for intel processors. I had forgotten that it doesn't address the AMD processors.
But because of this fiddling with my system, another problem crept up. To use the monitor I have to reinstall the driver upon every boot. Knoppix overwrites the drivers as well, not only the xorg.conf, upon subsequent boots and falls back on partial screen default even with vga=792 cheatcode.
There is a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf :It is also written that:# Created by KNOPPIX # Delete this line if you don't want KNOPPIX to overwrite your /etc/X11/xorg.conf
I have deleted the lines from xorg.conf but knoppix still overwrites the nvidia setup files. I had followed some other steps during the first set up, but did not write it down. So I can't use them now. I also searched the knoppix forum, but similar threads don't come to my notice.# Monitor section auto-generated by KNOPPIX mlxprgconfig
I have kept a back-up of my xorg.conf file as xorg.conf.rajiabando . When the full screen didn't activate during the subsequent boots, I have at init 3, used pico and copied the back-up as xorg.conf, but this simple task doesn't help. Knoppix is also overwriting some of the nvidia files.
Why didn't it do so earlier, because of which I continued to have my full screen displays across all the subsequent boots?
Why it isn't returning the full screens now?
These are the questions upon which I am tearing my hair. [Don't worry, I can't, because I regularly have my hair cropped with my shaver]
Generally, I have notes of all my systems settings with me. This omission appears to be one of those idiotic decisions I have taken without thinking properly.
Could I please be helped?
Last edited by rajibando; 03-09-2018 at 07:19 AM. Reason: clarity, typo
I failed to write that I have searched using:Output:Code:sudo whereis mlxprgconfigi.e., no existence.Code:mlxprgconfig:

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00