-
Help...
I have a general problem with a HD install on my system. Every time I try to do a lilo install to HDA , it fails...and I cannot generate a boot floppy...it consistently fails on me. the HD install goes well...its just I CANT BOOT THE THING! All files and folders show up...everything goes well....it just won't boot...
System layout is as follows:
HDA is a WD 40GB Drive with a solid NTFS 5 partition on it using all but 8MB at the end of the drive.
HDD is my Linux drive...its on the secondary slave slaved to the CDROM.
Knoppix HD is on this one. This drive is unique in that its mounted in a removable cage...that's it.. its an IDE hard drive, mounted in a removable rack for portability. Now..under Red Hat 7.2, this setup worked fine..buit I wanted a more advanced and less dumbed down version of Linux..so I heard about Knoppix...got it..and am trying it...the Live CD works great... the HD Install is not though. I am also using Knoppix 3.1, the second to latest release.
HELP! For the sake of my hairline..PLEASE! I've puilled out too much of my hair!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total
$120.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY
$229.00

Lot Of 10 SK hynix 8GB 2rx8 PC4 -2133p Laptop Memory
$285.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

lot of 5 SK Hynix 32GB (160GB) PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK Tested
$1000.00

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39