-
Senior Member
registered user
Printer Problem.
I have TWO problems.
First:
root@CyberSpace:/home/knoppix# cupsconfig
Starting CUPSys: cupsd.
WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) \x08
Major opcode: *
I get this whenever I try to print to printer (Never Prints)!
Two:
How do I start cups server on boot-up?
I didn't select it on my HDD install.
Thanks...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Part of problem solved, I got it to print.
I selected the foomatic + drv_z42 for CUPS printing.
Surprise, only foomatic was installed.
I had to go and download drv_z42.
This driver is for both Lexmark Z42 & Z43
Download:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~pastolk/drv_z42-0.3.4b.tar.gz
READ the Install in all Directorys off drv_z42!
./configure make make install
also have to build an Printer Filter.
To do that go to: /usr/local/drv_z42/src
gcc -Wall z42_cmyk.c -o z42_cmyk
cp z42_cmyk /usr/local/bin
Also below, follow these instructions.
The binaries are called:
lxaaalgn.out & lxaaalgk.out (only for Lexmark Z42 & Compaq IJ1200)
lxatalgn.out & lxatalgk.out (only for Lexmark Z43)
lxacalgn.out & lxacalgk.out (only Lexmark Z52)
There is no need to configure further if you have an USB printer, or
a bidirectional printer port. The printer is autodetected, and the
right alignment binaries are used.
If you don't have bidirectional support in your kernel, then make
links: (choose the right binaries for your printer!)
cd /usr/local/share/z42tool
ln -s lxaaalgn.out align_standard
ln -s lxaaalgk.out align_photo
Haven't solved the problem of starting Cups server at
Boot-Up.
To start Cups Server, su <password> cupsconfig , it
will popup an menu Don't Close it, go to Control center and add your printer if you haven't already. Print out
what you want and then close the menu that poped up.
Good Luck !
-
Senior Member
registered user
As root in a console dpkg-reconfigure cupsys to reconfigure the cups server.
-
Senior Member
registered user
UPDATE
Select LEXMARK Z43, CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.25 as the Driver.
Print System: CUPS
Code:
chmod 755 /dev/lp0
chmod 755 /dev/ttyS*
I also updated foomatic-bin, foomatic-db, foomatic-db-engine,
foomatic-db-gimp-print, foomatic-filters .
My Lexmark Z43 Printer works correctly now !
-
Senior Member
registered user
Great!
What's the output like? (I mean, quality, etc. -- I'm thinking of buying a cheap printer.)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Update this Also !
Code:
apt-get install cupsys-driver-gimpprint
-
Senior Member
registered user
COMPLETE UPDATE
[ PRINTER ]
Select LEXMARK Z43, CUPS+Gimp-Print v4.25 as the Driver.
Print System: CUPS
chmod 755 /dev/lp0
chmod 755 /dev/ttyS*
I also updated foomatic-bin, foomatic-db, foomatic-db-engine,
foomatic-db-gimp-print, foomatic-filters, cupsys-driver-gimpprint, cupsys, gs, gimpprint-locales, libcupsimage2,
libcupsys2 .
Similar Threads
-
By satimis in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2005, 11:39 AM
-
By Irvingf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2005, 02:04 AM
-
By smandula in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-28-2003, 05:57 AM
-
By jmclain25 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 04:40 PM
-
By Guest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2002, 09:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00