Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 7.2.0 stored video config across boots earlier, now doesn't

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275

    Smile 7.2.0 stored video config across boots earlier, now doesn't

    My Desktop Knoppix has to configure the system for Samsung SyncMaster 1360X768. Used Nvidia for x86 version 304.125 to set my monitor way back. It remained set that way.

    Recently, I thought that I should use my AMD's 64-bit operation rather than the Intel's 32bit. I downloaded the corresponding driver for x86-64. But doesn't get installed. Perhaps because Knoppix only addresses x86-64bit for intel processors. I had forgotten that it doesn't address the AMD processors.

    But because of this fiddling with my system, another problem crept up. To use the monitor I have to reinstall the driver upon every boot. Knoppix overwrites the drivers as well, not only the xorg.conf, upon subsequent boots and falls back on partial screen default even with vga=792 cheatcode.

    There is a line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf :
    # Created by KNOPPIX # Delete this line if you don't want KNOPPIX to overwrite your /etc/X11/xorg.conf
    It is also written that:
    # Monitor section auto-generated by KNOPPIX mlxprgconfig
    I have deleted the lines from xorg.conf but knoppix still overwrites the nvidia setup files. I had followed some other steps during the first set up, but did not write it down. So I can't use them now. I also searched the knoppix forum, but similar threads don't come to my notice.

    I have kept a back-up of my xorg.conf file as xorg.conf.rajiabando . When the full screen didn't activate during the subsequent boots, I have at init 3, used pico and copied the back-up as xorg.conf, but this simple task doesn't help. Knoppix is also overwriting some of the nvidia files.

    Why didn't it do so earlier, because of which I continued to have my full screen displays across all the subsequent boots?
    Why it isn't returning the full screens now?

    These are the questions upon which I am tearing my hair. [Don't worry, I can't, because I regularly have my hair cropped with my shaver ]

    Generally, I have notes of all my systems settings with me. This omission appears to be one of those idiotic decisions I have taken without thinking properly.

    Could I please be helped?
    Last edited by rajibando; 03-09-2018 at 07:19 AM. Reason: clarity, typo

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275

    Some addition

    I failed to write that I have searched using:
    Code:
    sudo whereis mlxprgconfig
    Output:
    Code:
     mlxprgconfig:
    i.e., no existence.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive picture

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive

$59.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$385.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99