-
Senior Member
registered user
It is very hard to fix the system that is built from mixing distribution(testing/unstable). There is limitation in the apt-get dependency logic which from my experiencel only support one way upgrade, despite how flexible people are claiming about apt-get.
you said you have apt-get setup correctly because you can pull in some other packages, the truth is, the only way apt-get can be 100% sure about setup correctly is 'stable' without any third party backport. The reason that you can have some packages work is that they have less dependency on others. KDE is almost an acid test of how 'broken' a distribution is, well I have seen other situation that is even worse(like I have installed a woody system without locale package, add Xfree86 4.3 backport which has a newer debconf then later when I want to add back locale, apt-get barks that the debconf is too new!).
The only suggestion I can think of is to do a apt-get dist-upgrade having 'unstable' as the only source(I assume you have a KNOPPIX hd-install) then retry what you wanted to do. Make sure you remove every other source site other than ftp.debian.org.
I have forgotten how many times I have deboostrap from scratch(I use woody + backports) in ironing out these weird dependency problems in apt-get.
Similar Threads
-
By mike23 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-26-2005, 11:41 AM
-
By geopfm in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-14-2005, 10:35 PM
-
By planetbeing in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 06:58 PM
-
By ikkenorsk in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 11:02 PM
-
By gizmu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-04-2003, 08:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99