-
Partitioning, Formatting and Installing (From WinXP)
Hi Guys,
As you may know I have tried to install Knoppix to my PC which resulted in the TOTAL loss of all my data. I have now partitioned and reformatted my disks. I have also reinstalled WinXP Pro. This is my situation:
40Gb Hard Disk (20Gb Partitioned as FAT32 with WinXP Pro installed - 20Gb unpartitioned)
I have read over the tutorials and determined that I need the remain space partitioned twice. First 256Mb (SWAP Partition) and the rest being Ext3.
I am technically minded and am fine with windows. However, these tutorials are not straight forward. I need a step by step guide to partitioning my disk (I think qtparted is adviced) and installing Knoppix from the cd to my hdd.
Thanks in advanced
Chris
Similar Threads
-
By sethosayher in forum General Support
Replies: 36
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 06:40 AM
-
By dresac in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
-
By Ritchie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 10:46 AM
-
By Li Gwai Lo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 08:53 PM
-
By Spike in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

WONHOX Vacuum Seal Backpack for Travel with Air Pump XX-Large, A68-beige
$93.82

Desktop Vacuum Cleaner Mini Desk Portable Dust Crumb White
$21.35

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67