Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Partitioning, Formatting and Installing (From WinXP)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    7

    Partitioning, Formatting and Installing (From WinXP)

    Hi Guys,

    As you may know I have tried to install Knoppix to my PC which resulted in the TOTAL loss of all my data. I have now partitioned and reformatted my disks. I have also reinstalled WinXP Pro. This is my situation:

    40Gb Hard Disk (20Gb Partitioned as FAT32 with WinXP Pro installed - 20Gb unpartitioned)

    I have read over the tutorials and determined that I need the remain space partitioned twice. First 256Mb (SWAP Partition) and the rest being Ext3.

    I am technically minded and am fine with windows. However, these tutorials are not straight forward. I need a step by step guide to partitioning my disk (I think qtparted is adviced) and installing Knoppix from the cd to my hdd.

    Thanks in advanced
    Chris

  2. #2

Similar Threads

  1. Installing Knoppix on a computer with Winxp already on it.
    By sethosayher in forum General Support
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 06:40 AM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
  3. Formatting/Partitioning HDD
    By Ritchie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-10-2004, 10:46 AM
  4. FAT32 formatting?
    By Li Gwai Lo in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-18-2004, 08:53 PM
  5. Formatting
    By Spike in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)  picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)

$150.00