-
Partitioning, Formatting and Installing (From WinXP)
Hi Guys,
As you may know I have tried to install Knoppix to my PC which resulted in the TOTAL loss of all my data. I have now partitioned and reformatted my disks. I have also reinstalled WinXP Pro. This is my situation:
40Gb Hard Disk (20Gb Partitioned as FAT32 with WinXP Pro installed - 20Gb unpartitioned)
I have read over the tutorials and determined that I need the remain space partitioned twice. First 256Mb (SWAP Partition) and the rest being Ext3.
I am technically minded and am fine with windows. However, these tutorials are not straight forward. I need a step by step guide to partitioning my disk (I think qtparted is adviced) and installing Knoppix from the cd to my hdd.
Thanks in advanced
Chris
-
Similar Threads
-
By sethosayher in forum General Support
Replies: 36
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 06:40 AM
-
By dresac in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
-
By Ritchie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 10:46 AM
-
By Li Gwai Lo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 08:53 PM
-
By Spike in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$461.10

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$307.05

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1774.24

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99

WD BLACK SN850 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD Western Digital EC
$115.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

USB 3.2 Metal Flash Drive High Speed Portable USB Memory Stick 1TB 2TB 4TB
$22.15