-
Partitioning, Formatting and Installing (From WinXP)
Hi Guys,
As you may know I have tried to install Knoppix to my PC which resulted in the TOTAL loss of all my data. I have now partitioned and reformatted my disks. I have also reinstalled WinXP Pro. This is my situation:
40Gb Hard Disk (20Gb Partitioned as FAT32 with WinXP Pro installed - 20Gb unpartitioned)
I have read over the tutorials and determined that I need the remain space partitioned twice. First 256Mb (SWAP Partition) and the rest being Ext3.
I am technically minded and am fine with windows. However, these tutorials are not straight forward. I need a step by step guide to partitioning my disk (I think qtparted is adviced) and installing Knoppix from the cd to my hdd.
Thanks in advanced
Chris
Similar Threads
-
By sethosayher in forum General Support
Replies: 36
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 06:40 AM
-
By dresac in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
-
By Ritchie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 10:46 AM
-
By Li Gwai Lo in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-18-2004, 08:53 PM
-
By Spike in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

BOSGAME E4 Air Mini PC, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U 8GB DDR4 256GB SATA SSD
$169.99

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Dell R730 AI Home Lab Server 128GB RTX 3060 Ti Dual Xeon 20-Core
$999.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00