-
Knoppix 3.2 v06-06-2003 VIA no sound
Hello everyone I am still very new to Linux and to Knoppix 3.2. the v.06-06-2003 I have installed the live cd to my HDD
and although mostly it works I am having problems with No Audio I have looked on the forum
and tried many of the tips but still no sound from CD MP3's or System.
When I run sndconfig I see this
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????
?
? PCI Probe Results
? A PCI sound card was found in your system. The details given are:
?
? Model VIA Technologies|VTI8233 [AC97 Audio Controller]
?
? ??????
? ? Ok ?
? ??????
?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????
At The end of trying to configure the soundcard I see this
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????
?
? The following error occured running the modprobe
? /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound/via82cxxx_audio.o: init_module : No such device
? /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound/via82cxxx_audio.o: insmod
? /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound/via82cxxx_audio.o failed
? /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/kernel/drivers/sound/via82cxxx_audio.o: insmod sound-slot-0 failed
?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????
I have tried to get alsa working but no joy with it. The alsa install using apt-get says that an error occurs
when trying to install it can't overwrite alsa-utils.
I have tried to download drivers from VIA but it seems that none are available for Debian,
there are rpms for some Linux but not for .deb
that debian can handle so I am stuck, up the creek as it were without a paddle
Hee-Hee Help
Can anyone help me to sort out this annoying problem Thank You
KPFOX1
Similar Threads
-
By spitfire in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By dejan in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-24-2004, 08:16 PM
-
By kx14386 in forum Laptops
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-07-2003, 10:47 AM
-
By JoDaY in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 12:46 AM
-
By jedovaty in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99

LENOVO THINKSTATION P920 XEON GOLD 6128 3.4GHz 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$1550.00

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54