-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
bdeli
You might be lucky if the BIOS will fix it, but from my experience and all research I made it seems that it is more of a hardware problem.
Just an update - indeed I was lucky! I loaded the new BIOS, and the VAIO has been cookin' just fine ever since. So, those of you with VAIOs who are getting depressed reading this thread, be sure and check for updates and fixes from Sony before you assume the worst.
I'm glad it turned out this way, because I think the VAIO (at least the one I have) is a really nice box, which fell victim to some haphazard patching from Redmond. (gotta' be a first time for everything, right?) I'll pass along what I read here, but based on my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend VAIO again.
Similar Threads
-
By Stllgrowin in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 06:20 AM
-
By adler in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:14 PM
-
By knytphal in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2004, 08:04 PM
-
By abnormal in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 11:48 PM
-
By bigrobot in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99