-
Junior Member
registered user
crash on hd install
When installing Knoppix on my hard drive I get the following error:
<1> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual addresss 00000094.
The machine I am trying to install this on is a PPro 200MHz with 128MB of memory. I am installing this on a 6GB drive with 1GB allocated to swap.
Any help on indentifying the source of the problem would be appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: crash on hd install
--Does the machine freeze up entirely? If so, I suggest you get yourself a copy of memtest86 and see if you have bad RAM.

Originally Posted by
kjkostuk
When installing Knoppix on my hard drive I get the following error:
<1> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual addresss 00000094.
The machine I am trying to install this on is a PPro 200MHz with 128MB of memory. I am installing this on a 6GB drive with 1GB allocated to swap.
Any help on indentifying the source of the problem would be appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
BTW, 1Gig is way too much swap. Cut this in half at least.
Similar Threads
-
By slwrider in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By Zeddicus in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-08-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By Nils in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-23-2004, 03:24 AM
-
By expohirma in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 09:35 PM
-
By drg55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-09-2003, 01:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99