-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Stephen
In a console window as root adduser steve video to add yourself to obvisously the video group. Some other groups you may want to belong to: floppy, cdrom, audio and src. To check which groups you belong too in a console groups or id.
note: You have to log out then back in for the changes to take effect.
I did all of those, plus knoppix. I ran groups to confirm I was in all of those groups. I rebooted my entire machine.
I chmoded (as root) /cdrom, /dev/hdc, and /dev/dvd.
I am still getting "can't find mrl" messages from xine if I am not logged in as root or knoppix
Steve
Similar Threads
-
By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By dabuggin1 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 08:06 PM
-
By wildcat in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 02:27 AM
-
By ocilent1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-30-2003, 12:53 PM
-
By simple in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-23-2002, 05:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99