-
Save to disk
Hi, I have Knoppix running off CD. But I'd like certain programs (like XChat) to save their config files on disk. That way I dont have to reconfig whenever I boot up Knoppix.
Thanks in advance.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hello Laz
Check out the posts or docs on Persistent Home.
K --> KNOPPIX --> Configure
--> Creat a persisten KNOPPIX home directory
Also in the same final choice is --> Save KNOPPIX configuration
Most configuration will be save this way onto a hard dirve
partition or a usb stick storage device.
I work (experimentally) with no hard drive form the CD,
boot form a floppy, and each time before shutting down
I have a script to erase a second RWCD and then burn the
home/knoppix directory. It automatically reloade on boot up.
I stress that this latter method is very unofficial so don't
use it unless you don't have a hard dirve.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2705
Best Wishes
paradocs
Similar Threads
-
By Dreamofgilgamesh in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-28-2004, 09:43 PM
-
By threedzion in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:39 PM
-
By syd in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-09-2003, 03:56 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 11:47 PM
-
By Alcar in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2003, 11:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM 43W0331 System x3550 Server Board LGA771 DDR2 16 DIMM RJ-45
$49.00

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99