-
Junior Member
registered user
VPN....
I would just like to say that I love Knoppix....
I am going to college and I was wondering if there was a program to use that I can set up a vpn into my school network...
I looked through the forum and I haven't seen anything about vpn yet... could someone please help me out?
Thanks in advance...[/b]
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: VPN....

Originally Posted by
johncarlson21
I would just like to say that I love Knoppix....
I am going to college and I was wondering if there was a program to use that I can set up a vpn into my school network...
I looked through the forum and I haven't seen anything about vpn yet... could someone please help me out?
Thanks in advance...[/b]
Have you checked this post.
-
Junior Member
registered user
VPN....
that post didn't help me... I want to great a vpn connection to my school network not a vpn server.... so if you have any ideas let me know...
thanks...
-
-
Junior Member
registered user
vpn
I need a client vpn I want to vpn into my school... thanks for the reply
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: vpn

Originally Posted by
johncarlson21
I need a client vpn I want to vpn into my school... thanks for the reply
You must find out what kind of VPN that is. At our university they use Cisco VPN Client for wireless connections, and they also provide a Linux kernel module builder for that. Runs perfectly on a Knoppix HD install
-
Senior Member
registered user
What about Checkpoint Firewall 1, any body have any thoughts / experience with setting up a VPN client to connect to CPFW1?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm wanting to do similar. What I'm using is pptp for my vpn which goes to an Astaro firewall. (another fine linux distro I might add) Now me being a winblows guy at this point, I wouldn't understand why it would matter what you're vpn'ing into, just the protocols right?
-
Junior Member
registered user
ok, no replys so I'm assuming I'm right.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

Seagate Exos X16 ST10000NM010G 10TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e/4Kn HDD
$199.00

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Sun Oracle 7357761 14TB 7.2K 3.5 12G SAS-3 HDD Hard Disc Drive w/ Coral Bracket
$249.99