-
Senior Member
registered user
Help! Can't su knoppix in chrooted files system.
It says-
Sorry, sudo must be setuid root.
But I am root and I'm using su knoppix. I thought I could set a root passwd as you normally would and so I used passwd root. Then this trouble started and I can't become knoppix anymore. What should I do to fix it?
Should I maybe replace /etc passwd passwd~ shadow.passwd and sudoers with the original files from the cd? Any other files that might have been changed when I ran passwd root?
Similar Threads
-
By phdzg in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 11:46 PM
-
By rahtz in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 10:23 PM
-
By Aleu in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 12
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By purplehaze in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 06:54 PM
-
By VeeDubb in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 06:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A
$119.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00