Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: PCI Netgear wireless card. MA311 H...E...L...P!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    24

    PCI Netgear wireless card. MA311 H...E...L...P!!!!!!

    I installed knoppix 2.3 06-06 version, it recognized my PCI MA311 wireless card, but it couldint set up network connection. I have 2 laptop with orinico PCMCIA wire less cards and they work fine. My access point is RG1000 (lucent piece of sh** ), its AP and a gateway.

    I noitced a few strange things, the driver that knoppix loads are the orinoco and orinoco_pci drivers for my MA311 PCI card! I was under the impression that these cards are prism II cards, so I tried to manually load the prism2_pci driver, but it fails saying ":no device"

    Strangely I was messing with it and somehow my card started to make connection with the internet, but this luck went away once I rebooted the machine. Now I am back to square one.

    The situation is such:
    1. all drivers orinoco_XXX are loaded and it is marked as used., and p80211 is also loaded.
    2. no prism_XXX drivers are loaded (this is confusing to me )
    3. I used wlcardconfig to configure the card, the only parameters I used were SSID=3ab190 and KEY = s:ab190 (these happen to work for my PCMCIA cards on my laptop)
    4. ifconfig eth0 up brings up the wireless interface, RX:0 TX:18000, its transmitting packets but receivein none.
    5. I edited /etc/network/interfaces and added the entry for the wireless interface.

    Should I modify something on my lousy Lucent router so that my PCI card will work, or have I missed something with the Wireless setup on my desktop?? I have downloaded the JAVA client for my RG1000 but have no clue what set up on it.

    Any help is DEEPLY appriciated

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1
    I was experiencing the same problems with the MA311, finally after basic troubleshooting it works great, if you are still having problems let me know.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    24
    After some sleepless nights it works kinda! basicly I have to do a iwlconfig each time I boot and then run pump, I havint figured a permanenet solution yet. If you have any suggestions pls let me know. It will be also be a good reference for somone who might run into the same problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Netgear MA111 (Wireless USB card) PLEASE HELP
    By andymadigan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 11:39 PM
  2. Netgear MA311, 11 Mbit, 802.11b
    By Brujah in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2004, 02:22 PM
  3. Netgear MA 101 Wireless Lan USB Device supported but ...
    By globus in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2004, 08:14 PM
  4. Netgear wireless pc card not recognized
    By rosea in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-25-2003, 01:40 AM
  5. unrecognized wireless Netgear M401
    By Jim-G in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 03:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW picture

Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW

$94.99



Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00 picture

Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TS-S01U00

$279.00



HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95 picture

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95

$89.99