-
Thanks for the info klaus2008 
The install codes you suggested installed without any issues, & started, but they are still complaining about the drivers not being the right ones. From the root Terminal, this is what i get:
Code:
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# hashcat -a 0 -d 2 -m 2500 /home/knoppix/Downloads/HASHES/HASH.hccapx /home/knoppix/password.lsthashcat (v4.1.0) starting...
Mesa (Gallium) OpenCL platform detected!
The Mesa platform can cause errors that are often mistaken for bugs in hashcat.
You are STRONGLY encouraged to use the drivers listed in docs/readme.txt.
You can use --force to override this, but do not report related errors.
You can also use --opencl-platforms to skip the Mesa platform(s).
Started: Fri Jun 1 22:22:39 2018
Stopped: Fri Jun 1 22:22:39 2018
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix#
When I use --force, this is what I get:
Code:
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# hashcat --force -a 0 -d 2 -m 2500 /home/knoppix/Downloads/HASHES/HASH.hccapx /home/knoppix/password.lst
hashcat (v4.1.0) starting...
No devices found/left.
Started: Fri Jun 1 22:21:08 2018
Stopped: Fri Jun 1 22:21:10 2018
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix#
...and when I use --opencl-platforms, this is what I get:
Code:
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# hashcat --opencl-platforms -a 0 -d 2 -m 2500 /home/knoppix/Downloads/HASHES/HASH.hccapx /home/knoppix/password.lst
hashcat (v4.1.0) starting...
Invalid OpenCL platform 0 specified.
Started: Fri Jun 1 22:32:08 2018
Stopped: Fri Jun 1 22:32:08 2018
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix#
Just for the hell of it, I also tried them both together... --opencl-platforms AND --force:
Code:
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix# hashcat --force --opencl-platforms -a 0 -d 2 -m 2500 /home/knoppix/Downloads/HASHES/HASH.hccapx /home/knoppix/password.lst
hashcat (v4.1.0) starting...
Invalid OpenCL platform 0 specified.
Started: Fri Jun 1 22:38:49 2018
Stopped: Fri Jun 1 22:38:49 2018
root@Microknoppix:/home/knoppix#
So... I think that because the video card is so old (AMD Radeon HD 6450), & also the CPU (Intel Core 2 Duo), that they need the exact driver that they suggest, because newer technology was implemented into Video Cards, & CPUs a few years after they were made, & does not work with older stuff.
I downloaded Knoppix 8.2, & will try it on that as well. I was going to try to get Knoppix 8.1 to match my Kali USB environment, but decided not to, because Kali is not smooth, & stable like Knoppix is, & it hangs all the time... not for long, but it hangs alot. Also, Knoppix is perfectly hacked together from multiple Distro styles, & upgrading any part of it, would most likely break other parts. Knoppix is still "King of The Hill" in my eyes. 
I will let you know the results of testing on Knoppix 8.2. 
Thanks again.
Last edited by DTeCH; 06-02-2018 at 05:09 AM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5� SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Seagate 2.5" Barracuda 1TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 2F110A-500
$19.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59