-
Weird flash drive corruption when booting with UEFI and 8.2
I don't know what's going on exactly, but I've been getting flash drive corruption when booting with UEFI on my HP EliteDesk 800 G1.
I boot with the Knoppix 8.2 DVD, install to flash drive with fat32 and a persistent image file and reboot.
In the bios startup boot menu (F9 on the HP) I get two selections for my flash drive boot, the same drive listed in two locations: one in UEFI and the other in Legacy mode.
I thought, oh it will boot into UEFI mode, let's try it!
It seems like every time I've tried a UEFI boot it will clobber my flash drive, overwriting the first sectors of the flash drive and in general corrupting it.
I start seeing a bunch of inode errors in my dmesg log.
It's done this a couple of times now, so I'm going to see if just booting with Legacy mode will be safe.
It could be the HP system, the flash drive, or maybe booting with UEFI mode.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.21

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$16.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$465.98

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1794.16

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$17.99

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C
$302.99

1TB SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD (Recertified) - A196-SDSSDE61-1T00
$150.99