-
Weird flash drive corruption when booting with UEFI and 8.2
I don't know what's going on exactly, but I've been getting flash drive corruption when booting with UEFI on my HP EliteDesk 800 G1.
I boot with the Knoppix 8.2 DVD, install to flash drive with fat32 and a persistent image file and reboot.
In the bios startup boot menu (F9 on the HP) I get two selections for my flash drive boot, the same drive listed in two locations: one in UEFI and the other in Legacy mode.
I thought, oh it will boot into UEFI mode, let's try it!
It seems like every time I've tried a UEFI boot it will clobber my flash drive, overwriting the first sectors of the flash drive and in general corrupting it.
I start seeing a bunch of inode errors in my dmesg log.
It's done this a couple of times now, so I'm going to see if just booting with Legacy mode will be safe.
It could be the HP system, the flash drive, or maybe booting with UEFI mode.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98