the cd is fine, the md5 matches, i have a sony laptop with a seperate dock that has the cdrom...thats the problem
I'm running Knoppix 3.2 from the cd and i get this error message when it starts booting to the kernel.
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit."
I CANNOT get passed this no matter what i do....HELP!
the cd is fine, the md5 matches, i have a sony laptop with a seperate dock that has the cdrom...thats the problem
that is indeed the problem. the booting process can support IDE/SCSI CD-ROM and most likely than not, your CD-ROM is using an interface like firewire or may be USB etc.
I have a related problem. I can boot and use Knoppix on my three (different) desktop machines without any problems whatsoever, both directly from the CD-R and via a boot floppy - so obviously both the CD image and the floppy image are OK. However, when I try to boot my Toshiba T2100CS laptop with the floppy, the Knoppix file on the CD-R cannot be found - not surprisingly since the CD drive is connected via a PCMCIA card. My question is therefore: is there a suitable cheatcode to instruct the Knoppix kernel on the boot floppy to load an appropriate PCMCIA driver and thus find the Knoppix file on the CD-R?
David Burn
try booting with:
knoppix ide2=0x180,0x386
I'm getting the same problem but it is cleared when no hardive is plgged in so I don't think it is the CD please help.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I'm a newbie so please reply in plain english.
try this thread
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=71501#71501

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00
Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95
External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00