the cd is fine, the md5 matches, i have a sony laptop with a seperate dock that has the cdrom...thats the problem
I'm running Knoppix 3.2 from the cd and i get this error message when it starts booting to the kernel.
"Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry.
Dropping you to a (very limited) shell.
Press reset button to quit."
I CANNOT get passed this no matter what i do....HELP!
the cd is fine, the md5 matches, i have a sony laptop with a seperate dock that has the cdrom...thats the problem
that is indeed the problem. the booting process can support IDE/SCSI CD-ROM and most likely than not, your CD-ROM is using an interface like firewire or may be USB etc.
I have a related problem. I can boot and use Knoppix on my three (different) desktop machines without any problems whatsoever, both directly from the CD-R and via a boot floppy - so obviously both the CD image and the floppy image are OK. However, when I try to boot my Toshiba T2100CS laptop with the floppy, the Knoppix file on the CD-R cannot be found - not surprisingly since the CD drive is connected via a PCMCIA card. My question is therefore: is there a suitable cheatcode to instruct the Knoppix kernel on the boot floppy to load an appropriate PCMCIA driver and thus find the Knoppix file on the CD-R?
David Burn
try booting with:
knoppix ide2=0x180,0x386
I'm getting the same problem but it is cleared when no hardive is plgged in so I don't think it is the CD please help.
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
I'm a newbie so please reply in plain english.
try this thread
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=71501#71501

Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
Open Box Apple OEM 30W USB-C Power Adapter MW2G3AM/A - A2164
$15.99
Genuine/OEM Apple Duckhead Two-Prong Plug - MagSafe AC Wall Adapter - Set of 25
$32.29
Lot of 10 Genuine OEM Apple 87W USB-C Power Adapter A1719 for Macbook Pro
$179.99
OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
Genuine OEM 61W USB-C Power Adapter Charger For Apple MacBook PRO 13 inch A1718
$22.00
OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99
NEW Original OEM 60W Charger for 2012 2013 2014 2015 APPLE 13" MacBook Pro A1435
$25.95
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05