-
Junior Member
registered user
Motherboard does not post...
I changed the CPU fan on my athelon XP 2000, now my mobo doesint post! Seems like the CPU is fine coz each time I power on the heatsink gets warm and the CPU fan is spinning. The motherboard seems to be healthy coz all the LEDs light up and my PCI cards seem to be getting power (I know this coz the fan on my radeon is working) The speaker makes a click noise, but does not beep.
I tried unplugging everything leaving the RAM, CPU on it, still no beeps. even took it out of the case. Still no luck.... I even tried reseating the RAM and the CPU still same result. I also disconnected the BIOS battery and put it back in after 3 -5 mts .. no luck... 
Did I fry something?? Is there a way to verify if my mobo and CPu are still healthy?
Any suggestions??
-
Senior Member
registered user
You'd need to leave the CMOS battery out a little longer usually to reset the CMOS. There might be a jumper on your mobo to reset the CMOS and NVRAM with which would be much faster than removing the battery and waiting. Are you sure you didn't accidentally knock a power connector off the mobo when you were inside the case? Checked all of your connections?
If none of the above works remove everything you can from your box (sound, NIC, etc.)and try to run with minimal hardware installed.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I am not sure if resetting the BIOS will do any good, anyways I am desprate and so will try that.
I already tried a minmum boot, with CPU and RAM only, but no luck...
-
Junior Member
registered user
Try pulling out the RAM and if you get beeps, more than likely your system is still alive.
L J
-
Junior Member
registered user
Re: Motherboard does not post...
A few motherboards have an interlock between the CPU HS/F riser and the fan itself so that if the fan stops working, the motherboard shuts down before the CPU is fried. Perhaps yours is one of those motherboards and PERHAPS your new CPU fan is connected to a different header, or is not compatible with this scheme. As a way to rule this out, temporarily reinstall the old HS/F in the old place and see if it boots that way.

Originally Posted by
manjo
I changed the CPU fan on my athelon XP 2000, now my mobo doesint post! Seems like the CPU is fine coz each time I power on the heatsink gets warm and the CPU fan is spinning. The motherboard seems to be healthy coz all the LEDs light up and my PCI cards seem to be getting power (I know this coz the fan on my radeon is working) The speaker makes a click noise, but does not beep.
I tried unplugging everything leaving the RAM, CPU on it, still no beeps. even took it out of the case. Still no luck.... I even tried reseating the RAM and the CPU still same result. I also disconnected the BIOS battery and put it back in after 3 -5 mts .. no luck...
Did I fry something?? Is there a way to verify if my mobo and CPu are still healthy?
Any suggestions??
Similar Threads
-
By bd in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:38 PM
-
By tuxtaxdani in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-25-2004, 04:01 PM
-
By rubensava in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 03:29 AM
-
By Doc in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-16-2003, 12:50 AM
-
By pummer in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 09-13-2003, 06:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$154.76

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08