I've noticed that if I use a persistent image file and for some reason it gets corrupted (powering off abnormally) that I'll get a bunch of filesystem errors in dmesg. I can fix it by booting with the "noimage" cheat code, like "knoppix64 2 noimage" and then run "fsck.ext2 /mnt-system/KNOPPIX/knoppix-data.img" and then "sudo reboot".
It'd be really nice if there were an automatic check of the ext2 image when knoppix boots. It would also let you know if errors have crept into your filesystem since knoppix still works but you see weird messages like "unable to write /etc/fstab".

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$379.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99