-
anyone know what this error means? (usb modem installation)
I'm trying to install my speedtouch usb modem and get these errors when I type 'make install':
'cannot create regular file' and 'read only file'.
I think this is because I don't have the required permissions. I typed 'su' to log in as a super user. Is this the correct way to do this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Are you booting from the Knoppix cd? If so I'm afaraid it's not possible to install anything to it as it is a read-only file system.
I found this post by entering 'speedtouch' into the search field.
Similar Threads
-
By joralo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 05:48 AM
-
By ganbaru in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 09:14 AM
-
By perpo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
-
By ehsan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 12:27 AM
-
By gtgoku in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

AMD AM4 Micro-ATX Motherboard, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Support, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, USB
$149.99