Are you booting from the Knoppix cd? If so I'm afaraid it's not possible to install anything to it as it is a read-only file system.
I found this post by entering 'speedtouch' into the search field.
I'm trying to install my speedtouch usb modem and get these errors when I type 'make install':
'cannot create regular file' and 'read only file'.
I think this is because I don't have the required permissions. I typed 'su' to log in as a super user. Is this the correct way to do this?
Are you booting from the Knoppix cd? If so I'm afaraid it's not possible to install anything to it as it is a read-only file system.
I found this post by entering 'speedtouch' into the search field.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB
$350.00
1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 512GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$128.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00